Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave has destroyed my imac

My 2014 was working great when I decided to take Apple’s advice and upgrade to Mojave. Immediately after my iMac completely slowed down. It made my 2009 Mac seem fast. Now my Mac keeps shutting down. After boot up. I reinstalled the iOS. And still the same problem. I erased my hard drive and reinstalled iOS and still no good. Mojave has killed me. Please help. Can I reinstall iOS high Sierra? Can I bring in to apple store and have them look at it since it’s software? Are there any updates that are going to fix this Mojave problem. I mean come on. This is apple.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 9:33 PM

Yes, you can lower down the os by going to internet recovery or you can create a bootable installer.

If ever, there is a possibility that if software troubleshooting doesn't work, there is a high chance that the iMac already have a hardware issue prior to the upgrade. The upgrade performs integrity check and may sometimes cause underlying issues on the Mac to be pronounced. During the install, the hardware runs on increased level of load and this increases stress often highlights the problem with the hardware.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

Just hold down shift + option + command + r while starting up the iMac and you will see a spinning globe.

Hit reinstall macOS and you will see an older version of the os.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2018 9:33 PM in response to Westcoast5

Yes, you can lower down the os by going to internet recovery or you can create a bootable installer.

If ever, there is a possibility that if software troubleshooting doesn't work, there is a high chance that the iMac already have a hardware issue prior to the upgrade. The upgrade performs integrity check and may sometimes cause underlying issues on the Mac to be pronounced. During the install, the hardware runs on increased level of load and this increases stress often highlights the problem with the hardware.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

Just hold down shift + option + command + r while starting up the iMac and you will see a spinning globe.

Hit reinstall macOS and you will see an older version of the os.

Mojave has destroyed my imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.