Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to backup my notes (the stock notes app) and store that copy of backup on external hard drive?

I do all my student work with notes app, so there are more than 900 notes, i want to be sure and protect myself in case of disaster with icloud/apple id or something else, so is there a way to backup all iCloud information and store that copy of backup on an external drive (so that notes would be there also)? (is there a way to do that on mac or iphone, preferably without any 3rd party apps?)

i found only a Pdf export option for notes. but it does export one by one. so it's too slow in that way.

would be glad if anyone could help!!

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 7:42 AM

If the notes are synced to your computer, if you back up your computer using Time Machine, the notes are backed up to an external drive.

Time Machine Basics

Time Machine Basics (2)

3 replies

Dec 8, 2018 4:25 AM in response to Eric Root

yes, when i open notes on mac i see all those 900 notes there, it means when time machine backups my mac it includes all these notes. when i went to apple store they told me syncing happens via icloud and that notes are stored there. thats why i decided to ask you guys. (i have just read the articles, thank you! i didnt found any info about icloud there. )

so all icloud is included in these time machine backup also, right?

Is there a way to backup my notes (the stock notes app) and store that copy of backup on external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.