Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to modify AirPod volume on MacBook Pro

When using my MacBook Pro, with AirPods attached, the volume button doesn't change the level of the volume until it reaches 0, at which point it mutes the sound.

Essentially, I am only able to go between full volume and muted with the volume buttons. The sound icon still pops up, and I still see the blocks going down as I turn down the volume, but the actual sound level that I hear does not change, except to mute when it reaches 0. In the actual video player, I can move the volume slider, and that DOES change the level of the volume appropriately.

I have also tried modifying the sound from system preferences, but it has the same effect (the volume won't change except to mute).

I do not have the same problem when not using the AirPods. When using my MacBook's speakers, I am able to change the volume just fine. The problem has only occurred when using the AirPods, so far.

I am confused, and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the AirPods. I would love to be able to use my sound buttons with my AirPods again.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 2:25 PM

I figured it out.

The problem was fixed by completely deleting the AirPods from my Mac's bluetooth and reconnecting them.

Hope this helps someone!

1 reply

Unable to modify AirPod volume on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.