Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

glitchy AirPods pros on MacBook Air

After trying multiple times to make my AirPods pros less glitchy on my Macbook air nothing seems to work. I've restarted everything multiple times and still, I can hardly hear anything with my AirPods. What can I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 9:38 AM

Kayleeeexh,

We appreciate you updating us with this information in regards to your AirPods.

As you have isolated this to your AirPods and ruled out any settings causing this, we'd recommend trying a reset of AirPods to see if that helps at all.

Reset your AirPods

If this doesn't help, we'd recommend having the AirPods inspected for service to see if that is what is needed to clear this up for you. For assistance with setting up service, we'd recommend that you Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2021 9:38 AM in response to Kayleeeexh

Kayleeeexh,

We appreciate you updating us with this information in regards to your AirPods.

As you have isolated this to your AirPods and ruled out any settings causing this, we'd recommend trying a reset of AirPods to see if that helps at all.

Reset your AirPods

If this doesn't help, we'd recommend having the AirPods inspected for service to see if that is what is needed to clear this up for you. For assistance with setting up service, we'd recommend that you Contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Apr 30, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Kayleeeexh

Good Evening Kayleeeexh,

We see that you're looking for assistance with your AirPods as the audio isn't clear with your MacBook Air, and we'd like to see how we can help.

So we can have a better understanding of what you're experiencing, could you answer the following questions?

• Are you seeing that this is occurring while you're sitting near your MacBook Air, or are you experiencing the clarity concerns when you walk away from your MacBook Air?
  • Do you see that this occurs with all audio on your MacBook Air, or only certain audio? For instance, Music, Videos, FaceTime, etc.
  • Have you used the AirPods with a different device other than your MacBook Air to see if this is occurring on that device as well?
  • Can you describe what is occurring with the audio using your AirPods? Is the noise distorted or just too quiet?

Have you changed the different noise-control settings on your AirPods to see if this changes the audio concerns that you're having? If you're unsure, check out the following resource for assistance with this:

AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode

If that doesn't change what you're experiencing, we'd recommend removing the AirPods to pair with your MacBook Air again to see if that changes anything. If you need assistance with those steps, check them out here:

Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

glitchy AirPods pros on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.