Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health is dropping fast

I bought my handset on 13th oct 2018. In just 22 days (5th nov) of activation my battery health dropped by 1% became 99%. Till that time I had used 20 cycle of battery life of 500, which translate into 0.04%. No of cycle means no of time u have charged battery. In next 22 days my battery health again dropped by another 2% on 26th nov’18 became 97%. Till that time I have used 40 cycles which translate into 0.08% consumption. Again after 8 days I.e. on 3rd Dec’18 battery health dropped by another 1% became 96%. Total cycle used till than was 48. If the battery will go down like this than in one year even if I will not used 500 cycle but still I will have to pay for new battery. I raised complain with apple support but they say everything fine not addressing this issue. My concern here is, if everything is fine than why battery health is dropping and if continues like this than I will have to pay for new battery even though I will not consume the battery. Who will wear this coat ? Drop in battery health causes drop in iPhone performance. Why should experience that when I have paid for best ?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 5:24 AM

As per apple suggested way of using battery in last 50 day from my date of purchase I have always kept on battery saver mode Which apple support suggest as user care for battery. Secondly I never done over charging. Third in last 50 days my iPhone XS switch-off 3-4 times because of 100% battery drained out. This also in line with apple suggested way of uses.

I feel switching off location and analytics will not solve my battery problem as I was using the with iPhone 7 also wherein didn’t fine battery health dropping even 5-6 month of uses. Apple quality has gone down which they are not accepting and i feel it is also a way by which apple is planned generate revenue for their accessories and giving the burden on consumer wallet who payed huge money for iPhone XS on the name of great quality. I feel cheated now.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2018 5:24 AM in response to Comet.24206

As per apple suggested way of using battery in last 50 day from my date of purchase I have always kept on battery saver mode Which apple support suggest as user care for battery. Secondly I never done over charging. Third in last 50 days my iPhone XS switch-off 3-4 times because of 100% battery drained out. This also in line with apple suggested way of uses.

I feel switching off location and analytics will not solve my battery problem as I was using the with iPhone 7 also wherein didn’t fine battery health dropping even 5-6 month of uses. Apple quality has gone down which they are not accepting and i feel it is also a way by which apple is planned generate revenue for their accessories and giving the burden on consumer wallet who payed huge money for iPhone XS on the name of great quality. I feel cheated now.

Dec 10, 2018 8:25 AM in response to panchososa694

I have gone through this article but my problem here is different. I agree with the info given in the article but it happens basis the age of iPhone . I don’t have issue with that but dropping 4% in just 48 days is something not normal. Today I have seen iPhone XS Max bought at the same time when I bought. His battery is showing 100% even today. His use in much higher than mine. Battery performance is all about battery capacity to fuction well it’s not the cycle spent. But even if I will not consumed the cycle and battery performance will go down I will have to go for new battery. Why should I pay for that when it’s a system issue

Battery health is dropping fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.