Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone- phishing scam

Dear

my iphone got stolen on Saturday. I locked it in Find my Phone app.

however yesterday i received sms that my phone has been found and the link i should click on. Unfortunately i did click and the stolen phone got removed from Find my Phone list.

I blocked phone with my carrier as well and reported theft to police

is there any possibility to remove the impact of this phishing scam?

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 9:17 AM

No, once it is removed from your account it is a freely usable phone. Probably not in the country where you reside (an IMEI block is shared between carriers in most countries, but not between countries), but somewhere in the world someone will buy your phone and use it.

See this Apple tip: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Note that your Apple ID account has now been hacked, so change your password immediately, if not sooner. And add 2 factor authentication: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2018 9:17 AM in response to ante83

No, once it is removed from your account it is a freely usable phone. Probably not in the country where you reside (an IMEI block is shared between carriers in most countries, but not between countries), but somewhere in the world someone will buy your phone and use it.

See this Apple tip: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Note that your Apple ID account has now been hacked, so change your password immediately, if not sooner. And add 2 factor authentication: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Stolen iphone- phishing scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.