Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes text tones will not work

I have a new iPhone XS Max, and I cannot assign iTunes bought text tones on this phone. However I can assign iTunes bought ringtones on this phone and it works perfectly. I have forced restart the phone, reset my settings, wipe the phone clean and restored it, and bought new text tones to see if they’d work. I’ve also been on the phone for the last three days with Apple senior advisers, no one can fix this please help. When I did reset my settings, and then went back to reset them to what they were originallywere, then the text tones worked for about two days and then I stopped.

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 12, 2018 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 1:23 PM

Tones used to be sold on a one time only basis. It was up to you to transfer them to your library, download, backup, etc. That has changed, but only for new purchases. Your previous purchases might be inside a Tones folder inside your iTunes Media folder even though they no longer show explicitly in the iTunes interface.

Try removing the tone, rebooting the device, then retrieving it again from your purchase history. If that still fails see section on Removing hidden tones in the user tip.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2018 1:23 PM in response to shawntel224

Tones used to be sold on a one time only basis. It was up to you to transfer them to your library, download, backup, etc. That has changed, but only for new purchases. Your previous purchases might be inside a Tones folder inside your iTunes Media folder even though they no longer show explicitly in the iTunes interface.

Try removing the tone, rebooting the device, then retrieving it again from your purchase history. If that still fails see section on Removing hidden tones in the user tip.

tt2

itunes text tones will not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.