You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Midi Setup not Opening

Hello, I have a Macbook pro - OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1

When I click on Audio Midi Setup it does not open. The application will attempt to open but then I get this message: " Audio Midi Setup cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Audio MIDI Setup works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X."

Please help,

Thank you.

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 8:29 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 21, 2018 6:08 AM in response to GraceMacbook

Hello, GraceMacbook,

I see that you're not able to open up Audio MIDI Setup and I'm glad to help you with this.

The first thing that I notice is that you should have a handful of updates for OS X El Capitan. You mentioned being on 10.11.1 but the most recent version of El Capitan was 10.11.6. I do also want to note that, if your MacBook is compatible, there have been several major releases of OS X - now called macOS - since the release of El Capitan. The current version is macOS Mojave (Version 10.14) and it has quite a few really great features on top of the features introduced in the updates between El Capitan and Mojave. You can learn more about the free macOS Mojave update here: macOS Mojave

However, if you're not quite ready to upgrade, I would still recommend making sure that your current operating system is fully up to date and then trying Audio MIDI Setup again. You can follow these steps to update your software: How to update the software on your Mac

I hope this information helps.

Cheers!

Audio Midi Setup not Opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.