You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID & Passcode missing

Touch ID & Passcode option not visible in setting on child's iPad even after re-enabling passcode changes option in Content and Privacy Restrictions in iOS12.1.2

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 25, 2018 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 7:45 AM

Greetings, 62Susan.

I see that you're not finding the Touch ID & Passcode setting in the Settings application on your child's iPad. You removed the restriction in Content & Privacy Restrictions, but the setting hasn't reappeared. I'm happy to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart their iPad. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if the setting returned.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Turn off Restrictions altogether, then check for that setting. If it's visible, turn Restrictions back on and check Passcode Changes again.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2018 7:45 AM in response to 62Susan

Greetings, 62Susan.

I see that you're not finding the Touch ID & Passcode setting in the Settings application on your child's iPad. You removed the restriction in Content & Privacy Restrictions, but the setting hasn't reappeared. I'm happy to help.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart their iPad. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if the setting returned.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Turn off Restrictions altogether, then check for that setting. If it's visible, turn Restrictions back on and check Passcode Changes again.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Touch ID & Passcode missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.