Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in to iMac; wireless mouse not responding

Starting yesterday both wireless mouse and keyboard would not respond. Thought needed charging. Did recharge. But mouse will not respond to bluetooth and can not log into iMac. The keyboard responds to brightness changing so it is logged in. The mouse pointer is frozen on the unlogged in desktop in the upper left hand corner. This is a 2011 27" iMac. If I plug the mouse in via usb to the computer, it does respond if I turn power off and on on the mouse; but doesn't respond if it isn't plugged in to computer. This is a working mouse as I tried it on my newer iMac and it worked. HELP. How can we login? Seems like Bluetooth got turned off somehow.

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 7:31 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Phoebe!

I understand you're unable to login to your iMac due to your mouse not responding to input. I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

Use the steps in this article to troubleshoot: If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working as expected

I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2018 7:31 AM in response to phoebefromwa

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Phoebe!

I understand you're unable to login to your iMac due to your mouse not responding to input. I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

Use the steps in this article to troubleshoot: If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working as expected

I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Have a great day!

Can't log in to iMac; wireless mouse not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.