Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

neither bluetooth nor usb Port working at iMac startup

Hi

I had shutdown my IMac when my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse were frozen .

now after few hours when I started my IMac , I see images of mouse and keyboard on the screen . I can not login on iMac . I tried to attach USB ( wired mouse ) but IMac is not detecting that too .

i tried to use external bootable usb to reinstall Os but IMac did not read the UsB

any suggestion ?

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 3:23 PM

thanks for your reply .

It is resolved . I still do not know why IMac was not reading USB

here is what happened .

after trying USB keyboard and USB mouse when it did not work, I noticed USB dongle of Logitech mouse and keywords which was there .

I plugged that in IMac and it recognised the mouse and keyboard .

Seems Logitech works only after login if “FileVault” is enabled on Mac . Which was the case with me .

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 3:23 PM in response to BDAqua

thanks for your reply .

It is resolved . I still do not know why IMac was not reading USB

here is what happened .

after trying USB keyboard and USB mouse when it did not work, I noticed USB dongle of Logitech mouse and keywords which was there .

I plugged that in IMac and it recognised the mouse and keyboard .

Seems Logitech works only after login if “FileVault” is enabled on Mac . Which was the case with me .

Jul 16, 2020 11:36 AM in response to anupp771

Please do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you have downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

Jul 16, 2020 11:27 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes boss

everything . Not even a single cable except power .

and desktop was off over night . In morning I followed what you had advised me to to do .

but no luck .

i tried same thing again after 6-7 hours but no luck .

I have noticed that when Mac is on ( screen with keyboard and mouse ) it is not recognising UsB keyboard or mouse BUT usb poet are powered ( Internally ). I could see light glowing on usb hub ( connected to check it USB poets are powered )

Thanks for you reply and help .

neither bluetooth nor usb Port working at iMac startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.