Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backing up to itunes

I am trying to back up this iPad mini using iTunes on my iMac. It recognizes the device but there is only an option to restore an iTunes previous backup of my phone. It says "Welcome to your new iPad" and it's not new! There is no sidebar with settings or options. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you!

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 8:35 AM

Thanks so much for your reply -- you are absolutely right, and after I'd posted my question I tried that and was able to update the device. It was confusing because it's not a new device, but since it had never been backed up to iTunes, it was new to iTunes. That's where my confusion came into play. Hope this helps others with this question!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2018 8:35 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks so much for your reply -- you are absolutely right, and after I'd posted my question I tried that and was able to update the device. It was confusing because it's not a new device, but since it had never been backed up to iTunes, it was new to iTunes. That's where my confusion came into play. Hope this helps others with this question!

backing up to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.