Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with updating iPhone 8 Plus

Hello,

Tonight, my iPhone died. After placing it on the charger and returning after an hour or so I found my phone to be in recovery mode- picture on screen is of a connecting cord pointing with an arrow towards the iTunes logo. When I go to iTunes I see the message "there is a problem with the iPhone and requires it to be updated or restored. I have attempted to update and restore the phone multiple times (5+). When the phone restarts, it then again enters recovery mode and prompts me to restart the process again. I have the most recent iOS Mojave 10.14.2. I am at a total loss of what to try now.

Thanks for any input to this issue.

Justin

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 1:50 PM

Hello justinhawley,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have repeatedly tried to update and restore your iPhone after it unexpectedly showed the Connect to iTunes screen without success. Since you have not been successful in updating or restoring your iPhone you may need to contact Apple Support for additional assistance as directed in the article below:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you can’t update or restore your device with recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken buttons, contact Apple Support."

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2019 1:50 PM in response to justinhawley

Hello justinhawley,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have repeatedly tried to update and restore your iPhone after it unexpectedly showed the Connect to iTunes screen without success. Since you have not been successful in updating or restoring your iPhone you may need to contact Apple Support for additional assistance as directed in the article below:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you can’t update or restore your device with recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken buttons, contact Apple Support."

Best Regards.

Issues with updating iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.