You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 Keyboard Issues

I use my Air 2 daily and have enjoyed it tremendously for the past 2 years, favoring it over my newish Windows 10 Lenovo flip laptop. Since the IOS 12 update my unit has become a real source of frustrations for me. It is producing lots of errors while I type and seems unforgiving that my fingers do not always hit the center of each key. Quite often the letter besides what key I input come up instead. Is it my iPad or the associated software? I always use my unit with the screen locked in position. Like most users, I may drag my fingers a bit while typing but have never had issues like this in the past. My little old redundant ipad mini first generation is still in use today. While it can no longer be updated it certainly does not produce typing errors like this Air 2 and the keyboard is much smaller to boot.

Is there a solution to this or am I going to have to go to my Windows 10 laptop to stay sane?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 1:34 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 4, 2019 4:49 PM in response to canacura

Try another third party party keyboard making that the primary keyboard and the standard Apple one the secondary keyboard.

See if a third party keyboard works better.

I have always had issues with Apple’s built-in keyboard for some things.

I use the default iOS virtual software keyboard as a secondary keyboard and have been using third party software keyboards since Apple allowed these in iOS 9.

Find a third party software keyboard you think you would like to try and use and try one.

They can be easily deleted in the Settings app under General, Keyboard, if you do not like a certain third party keyboard.

Good Luck!

iPad Air 2 Keyboard Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.