You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad folio keyboard not working.

After more than a year of working just fine, my iPad Smart Folio Keypad is not working. It started about a month ago. . It will occasionally work, but maybe 10% of the time. It consistently doesn’t work across all apps. I have made sure that I have the most current version of the iOS. I have fully rebooted the iPad. I have disconnected, reconnected. I’ve cleaned the contacts. I have disconnected, rebooted the iPad, and then reconnected. Sometimes it will work for a few seconds then not work again. I bought this to be more convenient, but I am having to use the screen keyboard 90-95% of the time and it’s incredibly frustrating. It’s even more frustrating when the folio keyboard works for a minute or so, and I start typing, then suddenly stops working and I’ve lost progress. Or, worse, it stops working in the middle of a password and the password is mistyped.

I have an iPad Pro 10.5 inch, Model MQDX2LL/A, with iOS version 12.4. (I just updated it an hour ago, to no avail.).

Please tell me how how to fix the issue.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 2:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 2:15 PM

Remove the iPad from the keyboard and clean the three connectors on the iPad and keyboard. Also make sure the where the keyboard meets the iPad, the case isn't bent, even slightly. If that doesn't help, schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and show it to them.

Similar questions

3 replies

iPad folio keyboard not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.