Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave destroys Mac startup time

I used to startup any Mac within 13 seconds. Now, with the Mojave v10.14.2, it takes close to a minute. Not always, but notably so when the light/dark theme has to make a decision in the morning or the evening. Since I have multiple devices, two MacBook Air (one recently bought) and one MacBook Pro, I can confidently say that the fault is not in the devices.

Please give me an option to put performance above aesthetics.

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 11:49 PM

If you notice the difference when you select the dynamic desktop, you have the option of not using it.

Mojave does startup somewhat slower than previous versions of macOS because more happens when loading. Plus, the number of background apps you have installed will have an effect, plus any that may not be 100% Mojave compatible.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2019 11:49 PM in response to Sandstorm1975

If you notice the difference when you select the dynamic desktop, you have the option of not using it.

Mojave does startup somewhat slower than previous versions of macOS because more happens when loading. Plus, the number of background apps you have installed will have an effect, plus any that may not be 100% Mojave compatible.

Mojave destroys Mac startup time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.