Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not able to update with macOS Mojave

Can anybody help me? I've just updated to macOS Mojave and now found that I cannot open iPhotos... it says I need to update to the latest version but when i go to the apps store to download it tells 'This app is currently not available in your country or region.'

What do i do? I don't have access to my photos, I am hoping they aren't lost(do have backup if necessary) but what do I use in iPhotos place?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 11:30 AM

The only version of iPhoto that will work with Mojave is V 9.6.1. It's only available to those who have previously "purchased" some version of iPhoto 9 from the App store. If you've never upgraded iphoto thru the App Store to some versos of iPhoto 9 you'll have to begin using the new Photos app. However, this user tip might be of help in getting 9.6.1: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3.

Otherwise these user tips will help you in migrating to the Photos App:

These user tips will help you make the transition from iPhoto to Photos:

Notes on Migrating an iPhoto Library from iPhoto to Photos for Mac
Moments in Photos are the New Events
Photos 4.0 vs iPhoto 9.6.1:  Features and Capabilities
External Editors in Photos Are Here
Post 9/30/2018 Printing Options for Photos - Apple Community
Ordering Books and Calendars on a Mac that cannot be updated past El CapitanUse Project Extensions to order print products in Photos after September 30, 2018 - Apple Support
Create and order print products in Photos with Project Extensions - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2019 11:30 AM in response to penelope65

The only version of iPhoto that will work with Mojave is V 9.6.1. It's only available to those who have previously "purchased" some version of iPhoto 9 from the App store. If you've never upgraded iphoto thru the App Store to some versos of iPhoto 9 you'll have to begin using the new Photos app. However, this user tip might be of help in getting 9.6.1: Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3.

Otherwise these user tips will help you in migrating to the Photos App:

These user tips will help you make the transition from iPhoto to Photos:

Notes on Migrating an iPhoto Library from iPhoto to Photos for Mac
Moments in Photos are the New Events
Photos 4.0 vs iPhoto 9.6.1:  Features and Capabilities
External Editors in Photos Are Here
Post 9/30/2018 Printing Options for Photos - Apple Community
Ordering Books and Calendars on a Mac that cannot be updated past El CapitanUse Project Extensions to order print products in Photos after September 30, 2018 - Apple Support
Create and order print products in Photos with Project Extensions - Apple Support

iPhoto not able to update with macOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.