Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop the wrong album covers appearing after sync to IPhone

I buy albums quite regularly and put the CDs on my ITunes then sync them to my phone, ipad, my sisters phone etc. This doesn't happen every single time but its often enough, once the sync is finished all the new music is added correctly but album covers are all muddled up, sometimes its only on the newly synced music, sometimes its on old music which has been on the device for ages and sometimes its just one particular album cover showing on other albums and other times its multiple album covers. And also all the album covers shown on ITunes are correct.

Its occurred on IPhones: 5C, 5S, 6, 6S and XR as well as IPads, so its obviously not the device that's causing the problem

Its easy enough to fix by just deleting the ones with the wrong cover and then syncing again but is there a way to avoid this happening at all, since its been going on for years.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 6:41 AM

Hello lauren_654,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you've been seeing an ongoing issue with album artwork.

You mentioned this happens with imported albums and artwork. Have you ever subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match?

Have you noticed if this seems to happen with a particular type of album, like compilations?

On your iPhone, try tapping Settings > Music. Is Show Apple Music on or off? If it's on, try switching it off. Also, look for a cellular data option just below Show Apple Music. If that's turned on, try switching it off to see if this makes a difference. That particular setting will use cellular data to update both your library and album artwork and that sounds like it may be a possible cause here.

I hope this helps get things started.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2019 6:41 AM in response to lauren_654

Hello lauren_654,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you've been seeing an ongoing issue with album artwork.

You mentioned this happens with imported albums and artwork. Have you ever subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match?

Have you noticed if this seems to happen with a particular type of album, like compilations?

On your iPhone, try tapping Settings > Music. Is Show Apple Music on or off? If it's on, try switching it off. Also, look for a cellular data option just below Show Apple Music. If that's turned on, try switching it off to see if this makes a difference. That particular setting will use cellular data to update both your library and album artwork and that sounds like it may be a possible cause here.

I hope this helps get things started.

Cheers.

How to stop the wrong album covers appearing after sync to IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.