Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DTMF tones not working on iPhone XS (verizon)

Just got a new iPhone XS and ported the number from ATT to Verizon. The DTMF tones are not working when I try to enter any digits for automated systems (e.g. webex call, IVR). This is making the phone pretty much useless for my office work as I am not able to join any conference calls. Please help !

iOS version is 12.1.2

Carrier version 35.0.2

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 10:23 AM

No it’s not a carrier issue. I’m on cellular south and my iPhone XR won’t send touch tone or DTMF sounds on some of my calls either. Calling insurance companies and I can’t get through to one because it will not recognize my response. Going to try the only fix I could find online. Apparently this has been an issue for many years and through many iOS updates but apple hasn’t acknowledged it in any way. When people contact them, they are stumped as to a solution. I’ve never had the issue before now.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 10:23 AM in response to anuj260

No it’s not a carrier issue. I’m on cellular south and my iPhone XR won’t send touch tone or DTMF sounds on some of my calls either. Calling insurance companies and I can’t get through to one because it will not recognize my response. Going to try the only fix I could find online. Apparently this has been an issue for many years and through many iOS updates but apple hasn’t acknowledged it in any way. When people contact them, they are stumped as to a solution. I’ve never had the issue before now.

Jan 14, 2019 10:28 AM in response to anuj260

The fix btw is to toggle your LTE to data only instead of voice and date and to restart your phone. Some people apparently didn’t have this option but I would assume most do. I think it was a sprint issue. I will let you know if it works for me. I’ve was looking for more of a solution/explanation when I noticed your question. There doesn’t seem to be one and every single discussion I’ve come across so far references the “fix” proposed by a man named Michael on a forum question from 2015 or has no resolution.

DTMF tones not working on iPhone XS (verizon)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.