Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long boot / start Up with Mojave OS (MacBook Pro)

After upgrading to Mojave OS the boot/start UP takes approx. 30 -40 seconds. With the previous OS Sierra, it took only 5 seconds. Is there a Software Problem with Mojave? Do i need to change some settings? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 5:40 AM

Not sure if this useful but I’ve just timed my Late 2013 iMac (SSD) and it took 20 secs to login and then a further 3 secs to desktop, I don’t have any login items (ie. programs set to run on login).

From memory I believe High Sierra would get to login in about 15 secs, strangely I’ve noticed since Mojave there is a distinct pause half way through the 20 secs as though the system is doing some sort of check, never noticed that on previous versions (plus the pause feels like the “missing” 5 secs).

Saying all that, it doesn’t really matter since I usually sleep the iMac anyway, and waking from sleep seems the same as previous OS’s.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2019 5:40 AM in response to Thomas05

Not sure if this useful but I’ve just timed my Late 2013 iMac (SSD) and it took 20 secs to login and then a further 3 secs to desktop, I don’t have any login items (ie. programs set to run on login).

From memory I believe High Sierra would get to login in about 15 secs, strangely I’ve noticed since Mojave there is a distinct pause half way through the 20 secs as though the system is doing some sort of check, never noticed that on previous versions (plus the pause feels like the “missing” 5 secs).

Saying all that, it doesn’t really matter since I usually sleep the iMac anyway, and waking from sleep seems the same as previous OS’s.

Long boot / start Up with Mojave OS (MacBook Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.