Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App won't let me sign in with gmail

For some reason the mail app won't allow me to sign in with my gmail account. I'm able to put the email and password in and then the screen comes up to click which apps I want to use with the account. I choose which apps I want and hit done except nothing happens. I've tried this hundreds of times by now but still nothing. I'm using Mojave version 10.14.1

MacBook Pro Retina (2015 and later)

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 12:28 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 8, 2019 8:12 AM in response to Rschreck33

Hey Rschreck33,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I can see that you're having trouble adding your gmail account to the Mail app on your Mac. I like having access to all of my emails on my computer and want to help with get this working as it should. What happens if you force close the Mail app and re-add the account? How to force an app to quit on your Mac. Are you able to sign into the same account from a web browser? Also, try adding this account while your Mac is booted into safe mode and let us know what happens. Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Regards.

Jan 8, 2019 6:34 PM in response to Rschreck33

Hi there

since you can sign in from your iPhone and iPad

makes it obvious that you know your log in credentials.

So it is not that.

Lets look at the Gmail account in question.

Right click on the one that is not working and select "Get Account Info" in that pop up window.

In new window go to the 'Summary" Tab

it should show this

If it does not come back here for next step.

Mail App won't let me sign in with gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.