Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings greyed out ios 12.2

I’ve been trying to access my iCloud settings to download apps and turn on the family sharing option, but iCould (at the top in settings) is greyed out. I know that tons of people have this problem, but I haven’t found a solution. Any help? I reaaaally don’t want to reset my phone - I don’t have a ton of space to back up all of my photos and videos.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 7:39 PM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2019 12:27 PM in response to King_Penguin

Nothing is enabled. No profiles (I assume you mean the admin ones). I think that when the update happened, they created a new set of parental controls, and simply left the old ones be. Therefore, when you update, the old ones can no longer be accessed, and the newer ones can be, but actually control different variables.

This is has been an ongoing problem, and apple needs to get on the ball about it - there are several hundred people having the same issue, and resetting is not a good solution.

Hope my theory is of some merit!

Settings greyed out ios 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.