Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased a mini Mac with a Logitech keyboard I cannot pair it

I just purchased a mini Mac with a Logitech keyboard I cannot pair it stays on the screen with the mouse and the keyboard to turn on the switch is there anyway to pair this device to the mini Mac it is a logitech MK 850

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 3:35 PM

3 replies

Jan 12, 2019 5:17 PM in response to Dodge600

First and most obvious question: are you sure you have power to the keyboard? Fresh batteries, or full charge if it's a rechargeable one?

Next, have you looked at the documentation that came with the keyboard to see if there's a way to initiate pairing? Some keyboards have a little button you have to press or hold to put it in pairing mode the first time it connects to your computer.

If that doesn't help, you may need to download and install the driver software for that keyboard. This shouldn't be necessary for the computer to at least recognize it, but it might.

The Logitech mk850 is definitely sold as Mac-compatible, so you should be able to get it working. Might need to borrow a USB keyboard/mouse to control the computer while you figure it out.

Hope this helps!

Theoden

Jan 15, 2019 12:33 PM in response to Dodge600

Are you trying to pair over BlueTooth, or are you using the Logitech unifying USB dongle? I have never had issues with pairing Logitech unified devices to Mac or Windows machines using the dongle. BT pairing can sometimes be unreliable, in my experience (at home I use Logitech solar wireless keyboards and Logitech wireless mice with my Mac mini, MacBook Pro and Lenovo Win10 laptop).

I just purchased a mini Mac with a Logitech keyboard I cannot pair it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.