Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting protected data on an iPhone

see If you can’t get onto the other device that your Apple ID was logged onto and it gives you the option to reset your Protected data do you loose everything on your iCloud as well as everything else?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 7:09 AM

Hi Louisem97,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you may have a question about iCloud.

Are you referring to an iCloud Keychain prompt? If so, you would be resetting secure data such as passwords and saved credit cards, but your overall data would be safe: Get help with iCloud Keychain.

I hope I've answered your question.

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2019 7:09 AM in response to Louisem97

Hi Louisem97,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you may have a question about iCloud.

Are you referring to an iCloud Keychain prompt? If so, you would be resetting secure data such as passwords and saved credit cards, but your overall data would be safe: Get help with iCloud Keychain.

I hope I've answered your question.

Cheers.

Resetting protected data on an iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.