Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add 2nd gmail account to Apple Mail on MacBook Pro

When I tried to add a second gmail account to Mail on my MacBook Pro, I went to System Preferences, Internet Accounts, tap on Google, typed in email address, tapped Next, and it kept searching and prompt to enter password never came up.

i saw on Apple community a suggestion that instead of tapping on Google, try the ‘Add Other Account’ option. I did this and it worked in terms of adding the email account.

However, I cannot seem to add the calendar for this 2nd gmail account to my Mac calendar. When I go to Internet accounts and tap on the new email account and try to check the calendar option, it opens the Google Sign In, auto populated the new email address. I tap Next, but once again it starts searching but never progresses to the enter password screen.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Best,

p

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Tried rebooting in Safe Mode but it still didn't work.

I deleted my existing gmail accounts and then worse still I couldn't re add any of them....

Eventually I decided to upgrade from Yosemite to Mojave.

Fortunately it then let me add in both of my Gmail accounts to Mail and Internet Accounts first time.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2019 12:39 PM in response to Eric Root

Tried rebooting in Safe Mode but it still didn't work.

I deleted my existing gmail accounts and then worse still I couldn't re add any of them....

Eventually I decided to upgrade from Yosemite to Mojave.

Fortunately it then let me add in both of my Gmail accounts to Mail and Internet Accounts first time.

Jan 15, 2019 10:49 AM in response to Peter JK

Try booting into the Safe Mode to see if it will work.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Jan 14, 2019 5:03 PM in response to Ruskes

Thanks Ruskes. I’d tried this but unfortunately I had the same problem when I tapped on the Google logo and entered my new email address. It just never moved on to ask for password.

The main issue now is I can’t seem to access the calendar or even the contacts for the new gmail account on the Mac.

Interestingly, i have had no issue accessing the mail, calendar or contacts for the new gmail account on my iPad. Problem is just with the MacBook Pro.

Unable to add 2nd gmail account to Apple Mail on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.