Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the imported file appear in the event browser as 'proxy missing' even when I had asked for import as optimised?

I usually import files from my cameras [Sony handy cam and iPhone] and check the transcoding to optimised. Recently, after imported files that were transcoded as optimised, I choose to transcode them again...I wanted to have proxy files because I was doing a 1-hour project in which I had used two cameras. For the record, I haven't got much experience in doing multicam editing. After finding some problems with multicam editing, I thought I should use proxy files and did this to the optimised media: selected them all in the event browser and had them converted to proxy. Even after this switch, I wasn't able to make any headway with the multicam editing work and then I stuck to a single camera footage and was able to export my project successfully.

My present problem is this: even though I have selected for the optimised transcoding for import of files under Preferences, although I check 'optimised transcoding' box in the import window, the imported files land in the event browser bus with this error: Missing proxy!

To make such files readable, I have to select the clips and transcode them to proxy. This is becoming irritating and time consuming. How can I get freedom from this problem?

Thanks in advance

Dr. Somanna

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 6:08 PM

You are using an older version of FCP X ??

In the View menu what is selected:

In the Media section Optimised/Original can be displayed OR Proxy.

Both cannot be displayed at the same time.

Or is there another issue going on?

Maybe it's time to use Option-Command as you launch FP X and reset the FCP X Preferences.

BTW: My daughter is in Hyderabad at the minute. 😀​

Al

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 6:08 PM in response to somanna

You are using an older version of FCP X ??

In the View menu what is selected:

In the Media section Optimised/Original can be displayed OR Proxy.

Both cannot be displayed at the same time.

Or is there another issue going on?

Maybe it's time to use Option-Command as you launch FP X and reset the FCP X Preferences.

BTW: My daughter is in Hyderabad at the minute. 😀​

Al

Jan 14, 2019 6:47 PM in response to Alchroma

Thanks for this further input.

I had provided in a deleted reply my contact number so that your daughter can contact me in case of any help that I can render. If I can communicate with you on any other platform, please let me know.

My ageing iMac is running smoothly with 10.2.1 version of FCPX.

Shall try out your counsel to use option-command while launching FCPX and let you know the results.

Regards

Dr. Somanna

Jan 15, 2019 12:49 AM in response to Alchroma

Okay. I have launched FCPX using the option-command keys and was asked whether preferences are to be reset. Thanks for this valuable input. When I import footage next time I will be able to know whether the problem has gone away or not. I have accessed your profile but have not found your mail id. Shall search again.

Regards

Dr. Somanna

Why does the imported file appear in the event browser as 'proxy missing' even when I had asked for import as optimised?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.