Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Issue on MacBook Pro 2018

I recently got a new MacBook Pro in August 2018. I have been enjoying so far, but in the past weeks, the keyboard has been malfunctioning. It is isolated to two keys: the space bar and the "i" key. I reset the SMC and the NVRAM, which didn't help. I cleaned it multiple times with compressed air. And finally, I took it in to a licensed Apple reseller (I am abroad, where sadly, I don't have access to the Genius Bar.) They claimed to have run diagnostic tests which concluded that there was nothing wrong with it. I have just got it back from the Apple reseller and it's still malfunctioning on the same keys, intermittently, as it was before.

Looking on the service collection form, they said that they "re-seated" the components.

Does anyone know what to do now? My computer is still under warranty. I really need to get it fixed as soon as possible!

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 7:04 AM

Try an external keyboard to see if it works ok. That may help isolate the issue.

Similar questions

1 reply

Keyboard Issue on MacBook Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.