Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missed fake facetime call?

My son has an old iPhone he uses on WiFi only. Today he had a missed facetime audio call from my apple id email that I use for facetime/imessage/etc. I have mine set to my phone number or email, but when I call or message out it is set to use my number, not email. I called apple and he said it could just be a delayed missed call notification from some other time. It is just very strange. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I have NO outgoing calls to him today and did facetime him last night but there were no "missed" calls and last night was video also... TIA for your thoughts!

I have 2 step verification on my account and haven't gotten any notifications or emails about my account...

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 10:26 PM

Today I received a 3 second group FaceTime from 2 people in my contacts. One person was someone I don’t talk to and the other doesn’t own an iPhone so they can even make face time calls.... my phone stopped ringing after about 3 seconds. The calls didn’t even show up as missed or on any of my call logs. It was very strange

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2019 10:26 PM in response to MrsMom2008

Today I received a 3 second group FaceTime from 2 people in my contacts. One person was someone I don’t talk to and the other doesn’t own an iPhone so they can even make face time calls.... my phone stopped ringing after about 3 seconds. The calls didn’t even show up as missed or on any of my call logs. It was very strange

Jan 16, 2019 2:56 PM in response to ckuan

Yep, only appeared on his phone. Showed as a missed call notification and showed in his log as a missed call.

I didn't try to call him at all, but even had I, it would have stilled showed in my log as well.

Date and time both showed today.

I am stumped. Apple support told me it was most likely just a missed call from another time that for some reason just showed up today. He said it has happened to him and he would call the person back and they hadn't called him.

Jan 16, 2019 3:08 PM in response to ckuan

Yeah I know a phone number can, that's happened to me before, but I don't know how an email could be.

I have 2 step verification on so any time anyone tries to log in to a device with my apple id, it pops up a notification on my phone with a code they have to have to go any further. So I don't think that could have happened. He assured me my apple id couldn't have been hacked.

I did go ahead and change my apple id password. I looked at the devices I am signed in to as well on my account page online and they are only the ones I have approved. All of which are synced together and have been here with me all day.

It is very strange!

Missed fake facetime call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.