Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions Enabled

Can’t download Apple News app even after removing restrictions in Settings

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 17, 2019 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 8:47 AM

Greetings, 1NVITRO.

I see that you're unable to download the Apple News application to your iPhone. You're receiving a message that it's being restricted, but you've turned that feature off. I'm happy to help.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions to make sure it's off. If it is, back up to Screen Time and turn it off, then restart your iPhone Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Once you're back to the Home screen, turn Screen Time back on if you'd like, and see if you can download the News application.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once again.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2019 8:47 AM in response to 1NVITRO

Greetings, 1NVITRO.

I see that you're unable to download the Apple News application to your iPhone. You're receiving a message that it's being restricted, but you've turned that feature off. I'm happy to help.

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions to make sure it's off. If it is, back up to Screen Time and turn it off, then restart your iPhone Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Once you're back to the Home screen, turn Screen Time back on if you'd like, and see if you can download the News application.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once again.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Restrictions Enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.