Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting HomePod to use my iTunes

Got a HomePod. It connects to my Apple user ID etc. However, it is only able to access (for example, Hey Siri, play Howard Jones) when the music is accessible from my LAPTOP which is weird. I only have a few tunes on my laptop (MacBook Pro). The master library is accessible from my iMac Pro and our AppleTVs via the 'Computers' app.

Do I have to somehow start over and reconnect it via the iMac Pro vs. using my iPhone? Why when using my iPhone does it not then play songs that are on my iPhone? Siri via HomePod will not play Howard Jones. However, all six Howard Jones albums are on my iPhone. Weird?

Thanks !!

Posted on Jan 17, 2019 7:58 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 19, 2019 5:11 AM in response to Jason Fredregill

HomePod is able to play your unhidden past purchases from the iTunes Store.

If you have a subscription to iTunes Match it can play anything you add to your iCloud Music Library.

If you have a subscription to Apple Music it can play from your iCloud Music Library and anything else available for Apple Music in the iTunes Store.

You can also AirPlay from any of your computers or devices.

tt2

Jan 25, 2019 12:06 PM in response to turingtest2

I have no desire for iTunes Match or Apple Music

I want to play my music via HomePod. This music is stored on an external drive connected to my iMac Pro.

I realize I can AirPlay music from a device. That is not what I am asking. Right now, when I ask Siri to play a song, she only is able to pull songs physically located on my MacBook Pro - that makes no sense. I am trying to figure out how to 're-connect' HomePod to my iMacPro so I can access all my music from HomePod via Siri.

Getting HomePod to use my iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.