Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to use my Apple ID and password on new device

Two factor authentication is not letting me log into a new iMac (old iMac just new to me). I get text the authentication code but there is nowhere to put it

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 9:46 PM

If you are being asked for a Verification Code on an older Mac or iOS device, you need to type the Code right after your passcode in the same box as your passcode. So, if your passcode is ABC and your Verification Code is 123456, you would type ABC123456 in the passcode field on the sign-in screen (with no space between the passcode and the Verification Code).

You will probably have to press the < button at the top of the sign-in screen once you get the message asking for a Verification Code in order to re-display the Apple ID/Password screen.

Best,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 9:46 PM in response to fishoncasa

If you are being asked for a Verification Code on an older Mac or iOS device, you need to type the Code right after your passcode in the same box as your passcode. So, if your passcode is ABC and your Verification Code is 123456, you would type ABC123456 in the passcode field on the sign-in screen (with no space between the passcode and the Verification Code).

You will probably have to press the < button at the top of the sign-in screen once you get the message asking for a Verification Code in order to re-display the Apple ID/Password screen.

Best,

GB

Not able to use my Apple ID and password on new device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.