Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave upgrade - several keys not working

Upgraded my wife's MacBook Pro 13" 2016 (crappy keyboard version) to Mojave 10.14.3, now the 4 arrow keys do nothing, and the "delete" key does the opposite from other Macs (deletes from in front of the text, not after). This computer had no issues prior to upgrade. My Mojave upgrade on my 2017 15" Pro went without problems.

I have attempted PRAM reset, did not get the chime that normally happens when this is performed. I setup a new admin user to determine if this was a user issue, and that's not the case. Have run First Aid from Disk Utility. Have rebooted, and might attempt reinstall tonight if nothing else works.

Any ideas folks? Thanks a bunch.

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 5:35 PM

The difference between "regular" delete and "forward" delete is the simultaneous pressing of the [fn] key.

¿Is your fn key stuck?

Keyboard Viewer shows an on-screen keyboard. Keyboard Viewer will darken any key on the main keyboard that is being pressed. It can be used to test for stuck keyboard keys.

Similar questions

5 replies

Mojave upgrade - several keys not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.