Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR black screen an wont turn on

Hi I just got my iPhone an it shut down in the middle of me setting up my phone am starting the iTunes back up. It won’t turn back on at all, I tried plugging it up an it’s still not going anything. Please help me

Posted on Jan 29, 2019 10:51 PM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2019 10:58 PM in response to ellyse161

1. Restart your iPhone: Try this first. Simply restart your device to fix this problem. This is a very simple process. You can shut down your device by going to Settings > General > Shut Down. You can also power off your iPhone by (a) (if it is an iPhone X) pressing and holding the side and one of the volume buttons (up or down); (b) (if it is another iPhone models) pressing and holding the side button.
  2. Force close the Phone app and restart: You can close the Phone app and restart again. Do not worry, this will not delete anything. Here is how:
    1. iPhone X: Unlock your device and swipe up. Now you will see the most recently used apps. Find the Phone app, and touch and hold the up and press the red minus (-) icon to close. Then tap the Phone icon and open the Phone app. 
    2. iPhone 8 and earlier models: Double press the home button. Then find the Phone app and swipe up on the Phone app card to close it.

iPhone XR black screen an wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.