You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Date Modified' not available when opening from within an app

When I try to open a file from within an app, I am presented with a window to choose the file. I always use list view.

Since upgrading to Mojave, I can't list by 'Date Modified' from within that window. I see 'Size,' 'Kind,' and 'Date Added', but no 'Date Modified.'

It's quite important too since I sometimes want to select the most recent file.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 8:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 8:06 PM

Hello pmstavros,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. From your post I can see that you’re wanting to see the “Date Modified” option from the Finder windows which appear when opening a file within an app. Take a look at the steps in this article which will allow you to change the options and customize the views in Finder: Change options for Icon, List, Column, or Gallery view in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support. You can also right-click on the header bar (where you see Name, Size, Kind, Date Added) and quickly include Date Modified. This is a temporary way to see that information. The article will provide you with one which will affect all Finder windows. 

Have a great weekend!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2019 8:06 PM in response to pmstavros

Hello pmstavros,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. From your post I can see that you’re wanting to see the “Date Modified” option from the Finder windows which appear when opening a file within an app. Take a look at the steps in this article which will allow you to change the options and customize the views in Finder: Change options for Icon, List, Column, or Gallery view in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support. You can also right-click on the header bar (where you see Name, Size, Kind, Date Added) and quickly include Date Modified. This is a temporary way to see that information. The article will provide you with one which will affect all Finder windows. 

Have a great weekend!

'Date Modified' not available when opening from within an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.