Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 4K TVs lip sync audio out of sync

A quick google search suggests this is a common problem. I have 4 new 4K Apple TVs, hooked up in different ways to different TVs, and none of them are able to synchronize audio with video. I have tried changing TVs, HDMI cables, streaming apps, audio source, etc. I have blue ray players and gaming systems hooked up that never have a problem. I have very fast Wifi. Apple customer service has not been any help. An internet search suggests that some have had success with changing audio settings such as putting the sound in stereo, matching frame rate, or changing to HDR 60 Hz; none of these have helped me. The degree of difference seems to change from minute to minute, so I cannot change the lip sync on the TV as it will be out again after a bit (never seem to be able to get it just right anyway). Please help!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 4:52 PM

I am still having this problem, it is very frustrating. The audio out is set to HDMI. I have a Sonos Sound Bar connect via HDMI ARC but the problem is there if I use the TV speakers. I do not have the problem with any other device (blue ray, etc). The lip sync delay for the TV and Sonos cannot get it right (will get close sometimes, but then the next day it is off again).

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2019 4:52 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I am still having this problem, it is very frustrating. The audio out is set to HDMI. I have a Sonos Sound Bar connect via HDMI ARC but the problem is there if I use the TV speakers. I do not have the problem with any other device (blue ray, etc). The lip sync delay for the TV and Sonos cannot get it right (will get close sometimes, but then the next day it is off again).

Feb 3, 2019 4:28 PM in response to porticons

Thanks for the clarification. If it applies to all, then there is not need to examine one particular streaming service. Very puzzling though. Something must be causing a delay.

On Apple TV, in Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Output, is that set to HDMI or something else?

Any other equipment involved? AV receiver, amp, soundbar, bluetooth speakers, what have you.

Is your Apple TV software up to date (tvOS 12.1.2) and regular release (not beta)?

Apple 4K TVs lip sync audio out of sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.