Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Copy Video Address"

I right click on my mouse on a video and select "Copy Video Address". Where is that video address copied to on my MacBook Pro? I've checked Downloads in Finder but it's no there.

Thanks,

Bill

MacBook Pro 13", 10.14

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 3:03 PM

OK let's recap: The video url is copied to Clipboard. In order to view the video I have to copy & paste the url into my browser of choice. Sorry for taking so much of your time. Some videos have a dropdown menu to copy url.

Thanks again

Bill

8 replies

Feb 6, 2019 6:41 PM in response to billyg27

Here's a screen shot. I usually copy videos from FaceBook, Twitter or in e-mails.

Unfortunately a screenshot of the url is impossible to copy and paste in an effort to help further.

I can say what your screenshot is showing is .jpg file— I.e. a picture snapshot of the reference to the video.

It is not the video URL itself. You can knock off all the server side php code after the file type (.jpg in this case), including the ? all the trailing code is just tracking information from wherever you were trying to copy.

Not all sites want you to leave their interface, therefore do not allow you to control click and copy the address you are looking for—Facebook is a good example.

You can however copy and paste the "title" of that video—then go to YouTube.com and search for it there. From Youtube you can copy the URL straight from the address bar. Problem solved.

"Copy Video Address"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.