Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 4

I’m going to the US on holiday and want to buy an Apple Watch over there due to the price difference. My question is if I were to buy the Apple Watch series 4 GPS would it work in the UK like the normal one you’d buy over here?

iPhone 6s Plus, 12

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 4:23 PM

The GPS model doesn’t care where it is in the world because it makes all communication through your iPhone. It will work providing your iPhone is within Bluetooth range and the phone has data service available.

Don't get upsold to the GPS+LTE version, because USA uses different cellular frequencies which are not compatible with networks elsewhere in the world and the watch would never connect standalone cellular on your U.K. network - it would behave exactly like the GPS only version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2019 4:23 PM in response to OliverCell

The GPS model doesn’t care where it is in the world because it makes all communication through your iPhone. It will work providing your iPhone is within Bluetooth range and the phone has data service available.

Don't get upsold to the GPS+LTE version, because USA uses different cellular frequencies which are not compatible with networks elsewhere in the world and the watch would never connect standalone cellular on your U.K. network - it would behave exactly like the GPS only version.

Apple Watch series 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.