Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to look at different "matches" in search results in Messages

I have been unable to figure this out for a while, but when I search in Messages (on both my iPhone and on my MacBook Pro) I get a list of all the "matches" across different contacts, but I can't figure out how to look through all of the different matches. Sometimes it only lets me look at my most recent match, yet it tells me there are "23 matches" for a given conversation. I also do not delete texts, so it's not possible that it is deleted/archived. Any idea how to scroll through the different matches?

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 10:19 AM

• There are limitations to the search feature. If the message is too far back in your conversation history, it will not take you directly to the message. Rather, it will take you to the end of the conversation it is within. Then
  • If you want to view previous matches, press ⌘+G until you find the match you're looking for.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2019 10:19 AM in response to dkellogg94

• There are limitations to the search feature. If the message is too far back in your conversation history, it will not take you directly to the message. Rather, it will take you to the end of the conversation it is within. Then
  • If you want to view previous matches, press ⌘+G until you find the match you're looking for.

How to look at different "matches" in search results in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.