Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parameter jump

I am struggling to create the set up I desire in MainStage...

I have a Midi controller keyboard with rotary knobs configured to INC/DEC

In MainStage I have created and mapped corresponding 'round knob controls', one for each MIDI channel. They are assigned to the Volume (CC 7) with a type of "Relative (2's complement)"

So when I turn the knob on my keyboard the volume of the corresponding channel in MainStage increments / decrements as I desire. So far so good.

I have then created patches and in the attribute settings for each knob I have set it to "Revert to saved value" because when I switch to a patch I want the volume to start from what I've got saved but then I want to be able to control the volumes of each channel whilst I play via the keyboard knobs.

Now here's my issue - as an example let's say I have a patch named A where the volume of channel 1 is saved to a value of 100

• If I open this patch for the first time the volume is at 100 and if I change the volume via the keyboard I can do so - let's say I turn it right down to zero
  • If I then open a different patch (e.g. patch B) but then return to patch A then the volume of channel 1 is set to 100 - which is what I want so good so far...
  • However, if I now try to change the volume with the hardware knob it now jumps straight down to zero (basically it always jumps back to where I last had the volume before I left the patch - but this isn't the saved value and I don't want volumes to jump like this)

Is there something I can do to get it so that I can recall a patch and then adjust the volume without the potential for it to jump to a previous position?

I don't think the keyboard has any bearing on this problem - if I have 2 patches both with a volume saved at 100 and on patch 1 I increase it to 127 then on patch 2 I decrease it to 0 and then return to each of the patches they will both initially have a volume of 100 but changing the volume in patch 1 will instantly jump to 127 and on patch 2 will instantly jump to 0 - so my keyboard would not know these values.

Hope this makes some sense and that somebody might be able to help me please :)

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", 10.14

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 1:25 PM

I've managed to resolve this now. I hadn't noticed I had another mixer channel that must have been conflicting - now that I have removed this mixer strip the problem has gone away.

Similar questions

1 reply

Parameter jump

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.