Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't print docs

I'm back in school and doing my work on an old desktop running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Assignments come to me in .docx form, and I can't print them. Whenever I read something, I first get the prompt to purchase iworks 08, which I can no longer do. Is there a workaround on this without buying a new desktop?

iMac, 10.11

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 1:12 AM

MrHoffman,

Please forgive my slow response to your prompt one. And thank you! My school provides access to Office 365, and that does the trick. And just to be safe, I downloaded LibreOffice, which also works great. I really appreciate your help and timely response!

justwanttoprint

3 replies

Feb 13, 2019 5:22 PM in response to justwanttoprint

Install the free LibreOffice or OpenOffice packages, or see if the desktop can be upgrded to High Sierra and which would then allow the free versions of iWork. The current iWork requires at least Sierra. iWork 2013 was the last version to support El Capitan. Or load Linux or BSD and use that. Or see if your school has a deal for access to Google Docs or Office 365. Or use iCloud and use iWork in a browser.

can't print docs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.