Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS stops transmitting voice over Bluetooth with Parrot Asteroid Smart

I am experiencing problems when using my new iPhone XS over Bluetooth in my car.

When making a phone call, people stop hearing me after a few minutes of conversation, consistently.

I have a Parrot Asteroid Smart unit running the latest firmware version (2.3.38.22) - I made sure to upgrade it to see if the problem went away, but it didn't.

My iPhone is running latest iOS 12.1.4 (16D57)

I was able to use the same Bluetooth unit with my previous iPhone 6S without any issues whatsoever, as well as with other smartphones, so the problem only occurs on my iPhone XS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Toomas

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 1:45 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 15, 2019 8:42 AM in response to ee-tom

Hey, ee-tom.

I see that you're having problems keeping your iPhone XS and Parrot Asteroid Smart device. When you're on a call, the caller stops hearing you after a bit. Great job in updating the firmware of the device, and I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car -- Even though your iPhone and Parrot connect, they're not connecting properly. This article provides the information and steps that you need under "If you connect using Bluetooth".

Cheers!

Feb 17, 2019 3:01 PM in response to i_rina

I am having the same problem - I have already reported this in another thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8581787.

It does seem to be an issue specific to exactly iPhone XS and Parrot Asteroid - I do not believe regular troubleshooting will help here.

I have contracted Apple Support directly and they are looking into it - I'll post an update when I have news.

Feb 18, 2019 5:30 PM in response to ee-tom

That appears to be correct - it's really iPhone XS and Parrot that don't play nice together. The Parrot support got back to me, offering doing a network reset on my iPhone, but it didn't work. They said "Kindly note that the iPhone XS isn't fully compatible with the Asteroid Smart" - let's hope Apple can give us a better answer.

iPhone XS stops transmitting voice over Bluetooth with Parrot Asteroid Smart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.