Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FaceTime won't stop ending and I cannot hard reset it as my turn off button won't work either, furthermore none of my apps will launch or open.

I was declining a FaceTime call when my phone never stopped ending the call. I tried reseting my phone and then the turn off button won't work, it still clicks and moves it just will not do its function. Then my next reaction was to reset through settings, but it won't let me open any apps. It recognizes that I'm tapping it just won't open. the only thing it'll do is allow 3D touch, but you can't get anywhere from the 3D touch. Please help me as soon as possible because, my last resort is to just wait and let it die but its at 90% and i don't have all day.

Thank you.

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 11:22 AM

Have you tried force restarting the phone?

• On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Similar questions

1 reply

My FaceTime won't stop ending and I cannot hard reset it as my turn off button won't work either, furthermore none of my apps will launch or open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.