Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in FaceTime

Okay so I’d call someone on FaceTime but when I try to hang up it says “FaceTime Ending” so I stay on the screen waiting for it to end but after many minutes it still doesn’t end it just shows I’m still on a call in the top left and I can use my phone. But the thing is when that happens I go home and try opening apps and it won’t let me, I can reply to texts from the notification bar but can’t open any apps unless i was previously in it and can go back into it. Using the “Swipe up from the bottom and Hold onto it” to go back into my recent apps. Other then that my phone is useless. If I don’t have any apps previously opening meaning I closed all my recent apps and I can’t open any apps or answers any calls period. The only solution I have is to wait for the phone to die since I also can’t restart it using the bottom volume button and the lock button and holding them. But it’s kinda an issue not being able to charge my phone cause I have to wait for it to die and restart on it’s on again. Since I can’t do it manually. This is happened 3 times already within the past week and I’m tired of it. Any help?!?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 5:03 PM

Update: On an iPhone X: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. Or the slide button shows up with the “Slide to power off” option appears

Also see:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2019 5:03 PM in response to XVII_Twiisty

Update: On an iPhone X: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. Or the slide button shows up with the “Slide to power off” option appears

Also see:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

Stuck in FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.