Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music isn't showing up in iTunes. How can I fix this?

I used to be able to access Apple Music in iTunes by going to the store and clicking on the Listen in Apple Music button. Now this just puts me back to my iTunes music library that only shows the music I already have in my library. Any suggestions? Or did Apple disable this feature on iMacs and leave it only for mobile devices?

iMac 27", 10.13

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 2:40 PM

To listen to Apple Music in iTunes on a Mac: --

1. Get an Apple Music subscription.
  2. Set iTunes Preferences to Show Apple Music Features (and turn on iCloud Music Library if you want to, for additional features).
  3. Log in to your account in iTunes (with the same Apple ID that has the subscription). iTunes: menu Account
  4. Set iTunes to Music.
  5. Do NOT switch to the Store tab at this time. That tab is for purchasing content outside of the Apple Music subscription.
  6. Switch to the For You tab, Browse tab, or Radio tab, to explore Apple Music.
  7. Use the Search field to find any music you would like. Use the In Library|All Apple Music selector to tell iTunes where to search. When the Store tab is selected, or if you are logged out of Apple Music, then the search selector changes to In Library|Store.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2019 2:40 PM in response to toddfromredwoodcity

To listen to Apple Music in iTunes on a Mac: --

1. Get an Apple Music subscription.
  2. Set iTunes Preferences to Show Apple Music Features (and turn on iCloud Music Library if you want to, for additional features).
  3. Log in to your account in iTunes (with the same Apple ID that has the subscription). iTunes: menu Account
  4. Set iTunes to Music.
  5. Do NOT switch to the Store tab at this time. That tab is for purchasing content outside of the Apple Music subscription.
  6. Switch to the For You tab, Browse tab, or Radio tab, to explore Apple Music.
  7. Use the Search field to find any music you would like. Use the In Library|All Apple Music selector to tell iTunes where to search. When the Store tab is selected, or if you are logged out of Apple Music, then the search selector changes to In Library|Store.

Apple Music isn't showing up in iTunes. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.