Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music won't download songs or albums to my iPhone when I click on the download cloud icon.

Apple Music won't download songs or albums to my iPhone when I click on the download cloud icon. It either spins endlessly or will begin the download (a partially completed circle icon) but not finish it.

The download function works on my iPad somit's not a WiFi or account problem. I have checked all my subscription and Storage and app settings. I have tried deleting all the existing downloads and then doing a hard restart. Nothing works.

iPhone 5s, 12

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 3:40 PM

I had this same issue too. Go into Settings --> Music (you'll need to scroll down far) and turn off iCloud Music Library. Restart your phone, and if it works after that then you can turn iCloud Music Library back on and it should still work.

3 replies

Feb 20, 2019 5:09 PM in response to ShadySprout

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it, but no luck. My iPhone is updated to iOS 12.1.4 so it looks like I will have to contact Apple Support. I've been using Apple Music almost since it launched and I still have old purchased music on iTunes. But I travel frequently so I need download capability, and this is probably what will push me to Spotify.

Feb 20, 2019 2:25 PM in response to sixwhitehorses

Greetings sixwhitehorses,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to download music for offline listening as expected with your iPhone.

Nice job with the troubleshooting steps you've taken. From here, I suggest ensuring your iPhone is updated. If an update is needed, I suggest creating a backup first. You can see those steps from the following support article: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the behavior continues, I suggest contacting Apple for additional assistance: Contact Apple Support

Cheers.

Apple Music won't download songs or albums to my iPhone when I click on the download cloud icon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.