Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match and Songs Not Eligible for iCloud

So I signed up for iTunes Match yesterday and I'm having a big issue with many songs not eligible for iCloud. I could convert them all to AAC but what a tedious practice that would be. I have to believe there is a better way here, or something is wrong. There is no pattern to the songs that are not eligible. Some songs are older, but some are newer. For example, I downloaded a new song from a new artist that is not eligible. Any hints on why this is happening and how I can get my library back in working order? It seems like iTunes Match solved one issue and created a bigger one.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 12:05 PM

From About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support.

• Ineligible: Your computer isn't authorized to play this song or the file type can't be added to iCloud Music Library. A song might be ineligible if it wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store or was purchased using a different Apple ID, or if the song file is larger than 200 MB, is longer than two hours, or was encoded at 96 Kbps or less.

Does that cover all of the ineligible items in your collection. You should be able to batch covert to an acceptable format where that is a feasible workaround.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2019 12:05 PM in response to mgriffATL

From About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support.

• Ineligible: Your computer isn't authorized to play this song or the file type can't be added to iCloud Music Library. A song might be ineligible if it wasn't purchased from the iTunes Store or was purchased using a different Apple ID, or if the song file is larger than 200 MB, is longer than two hours, or was encoded at 96 Kbps or less.

Does that cover all of the ineligible items in your collection. You should be able to batch covert to an acceptable format where that is a feasible workaround.

tt2

iTunes Match and Songs Not Eligible for iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.