Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I play or download any of the songs I have in iTunes Match to my iPhone?

I’ve had iTunes Match for several years now, (since it first came out), and never had a problem with subsequent iPhones I’ve owned to access the songs as needed. But for some reason all cloud stored songs won’t play or download on my current iPhone. I have yet to try my iPad to see if it no longer plays cloud stored songs. But it used to. It’s been at least two years since I tried to access the songs left on iCloud since the playlists I use most were directly transferred to the new phone and worked no worries. My iTunes Match subscription is up to date and only lapses for a few months when they stopped renewals from the iOS platform. But all songs are listed as downloadable in the music app, they just won’t.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 7:07 AM

Lornos1 wrote:

My iTunes Match subscription is up to date and only lapses for a few months when they stopped renewals from the iOS platform.

Therein I suspect lies the problem. Review the cloud status icons in your iCloud Music Library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Your device may not have an up-to-date picture. You should make sure that all music in your library is marked as purchased, matched, or uploaded. Content that has been marked as removed can be added back. Assuming all is good in iTunes turn iCloud Music Library AKA Sync Library off on the device, then back on again. If you don't have all of your content in an iTunes library somewhere then contact iTunes Support to see if they can reinstate the iCloud Music Library that you're seeing on the device so you can download it.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 7:07 AM in response to Lornos1

Lornos1 wrote:

My iTunes Match subscription is up to date and only lapses for a few months when they stopped renewals from the iOS platform.

Therein I suspect lies the problem. Review the cloud status icons in your iCloud Music Library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Your device may not have an up-to-date picture. You should make sure that all music in your library is marked as purchased, matched, or uploaded. Content that has been marked as removed can be added back. Assuming all is good in iTunes turn iCloud Music Library AKA Sync Library off on the device, then back on again. If you don't have all of your content in an iTunes library somewhere then contact iTunes Support to see if they can reinstate the iCloud Music Library that you're seeing on the device so you can download it.

tt2

Why can’t I play or download any of the songs I have in iTunes Match to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.