Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs I own are "no longer available" on my phone (iTunes Match)

Although I understand that Apple's rights to songs via Apple Music can change as contracts and licenses do, shouldn't the songs that I own—and have files for on my home Mac—be available for streaming on my phone regardless? Isn't that the whole point of iTunes Match?

Some tracks on an album I own—an album that until recently was fully available on Apple Music—now won't stream on the Apple Music app on my Android phone. The app says "Looks like this song is no longer available."

I've made sure that my iCloud Music Library is up to date.

Any suggestions that might help would be welcome.

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 6:07 AM

Assuming you have physical copies of the original songs in your library on your Mac you can try deleting the tracks from your iCloud Music Library on your phone, or a secondary library. If you then look in the original library these tracks will be marked as removed. You can right-click and Add to Cloud Library to add them back which will presumably cause them to be uploaded when previously they might have been matched. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to check the iCloud status of the items in question.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 6:07 AM in response to johntheeditor

Assuming you have physical copies of the original songs in your library on your Mac you can try deleting the tracks from your iCloud Music Library on your phone, or a secondary library. If you then look in the original library these tracks will be marked as removed. You can right-click and Add to Cloud Library to add them back which will presumably cause them to be uploaded when previously they might have been matched. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to check the iCloud status of the items in question.

tt2

Songs I own are "no longer available" on my phone (iTunes Match)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.