Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I import 400 still images taken at 10 second intervals and have them play as a movie at 24 or 30 fps?

I'm learning to use an intervalometer on my still camera. I wanted to use the images in a movie. So, I think I have to somehow convert each still frame to a duration of 1 frame per second (?). Problem 1: 400 images in raw @ 30 mega pixels per image is...well, a lot of data! (12 gb(400 x 30,000 =12gb). Problem 2: once its all loaded into FCPX, each clip is set to 10 seconds, crap, thats 4,000 seconds = 66.67 min.. Is there a way to 'select all' and reduce their duration from 10 seconds to 1/24 or 1/30 of a second?

I just bought FCPX and am drinking from a firehose, here...help! :0)

Thanks

Jim

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 23, 2019 6:50 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 23, 2019 10:56 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom:

Thanks! It sounds easy, and once I got it, it was, but you would be amazed at how much time it took me to figure out how to use Cmd-A and Control-D even before you told me. Your input convinced me I was on the right track, just not not executing properly. I got it after you convinced me to keep at it.

My MacPro didn't groan at all, and the size of each image was double what I said which I don't yet understand since my camera is 30mg image sensor and they all averaged 80mb. I'll think about that tomorrow. I guess I won't import raw image files anymore...

Jim

Can I import 400 still images taken at 10 second intervals and have them play as a movie at 24 or 30 fps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.