Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 not showing mail notifications

On my Apple Watch Series 4 the mail icon on the face does not show I have any unread mail messages. My Messages app shows the number of texts that are unread but not my mail icon. Is this normal? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 11:07 AM

Do you see any mail messages on your watch? (The actual messages, not just the notification). That will prove whether your mail is synchronized even if you don’t see an alert or unread count.

Check the notification settings for mail in the Watch app on your iPhone. Also be aware you will not get unread notification if you already looked at the message on your iPhone. Well... you might get a notification depending on settings but it would clear when you looked at the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2019 11:07 AM in response to Bryanflowers

Do you see any mail messages on your watch? (The actual messages, not just the notification). That will prove whether your mail is synchronized even if you don’t see an alert or unread count.

Check the notification settings for mail in the Watch app on your iPhone. Also be aware you will not get unread notification if you already looked at the message on your iPhone. Well... you might get a notification depending on settings but it would clear when you looked at the phone.

Apple Watch Series 4 not showing mail notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.